😦 I need your help 😦
You drive past me daily.
I’ve been here longer than everyone else.
I’ve witnessed thousands of christenings, weddings and funerals.
What we want to do
- Install running water and a kitchen for refreshments
- Build a toilet with disabled access, baby changing unit and small meeting area in the North Aisle
- Install a heating system, energy efficient lighting and totally rewire
- Completely redecorate
- Renovate the 1670s Tyrrill Monument.
These improvements will enable us to build on our existing events, like this Harvest Tea and the Little Lambs play scheme, and hold more activities that benefit the whole community. Plans include weekday coffee mornings, craft demonstrations/exhibitions, a summer school for children, and music activities. The building will also be available for village social groups and the First School to use.
How much do we need?
The total cost of the improvements is £265,260 including VAT.
We have applied to over 50 national and local trusts and foundations, and been awarded £127,500 in grants to date.
Together with the donations already received, the money from events including our recent Duck Race, Flower Festival, music concerts and coffee mornings, and the VAT we can reclaim, we have just over £240,000. This is 90% of the total cost.
We are continuing to apply for grants, and the proceeds from the events we are now able to hold will go to the Renovation Fund.
We are delighted that the first phase (installing a water supply, building a waste water facility, renewing the electric cabling and completing other external works) was completed in May.
Since September, much has been achieved inside! We now have a modern kitchen, a disability-friendly toilet with changing unit and a ramp leading to this area. Work is continuing to install LED lights, replace the heating and redecorate, which should be completed in December.
We look forward to showing you these wonderful improvements when they are finished.
Four ways you can help
- Make a regular donation
- Give a one-off donation
- Donate in memory of a loved one
- Do you or your business have any skills which you think could help the project?
How you can donate
- Via this link
- Via a bank transfer – our team can provide the details
- By cheque – please make it payable to ‘PCC of Castlethorpe’
- In cash – to one of the team below.
Please gift aid it so we can reclaim a further 25% in tax at no cost to you.
Your generosity can be recorded, if you wish it to be recognised publicly.
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact one of us – we would be delighted to talk to you!
- Michael O’Shea 07957 432430
- Judi Leon 07533 773023
- Trish Kempson 07584 188112