A journey of faith is personal, meaningful and sometimes confusing! Coming to church shouldn’t be daunting for you, but understand that you may have some reservations on what to expect. If you’re worried about your children disrupting a service, this is not a problem. We openly encourage you to attend with your children, or alternatively you can attend Sunday School in the Village Hall which culminates in the children returning to Church towards the end of a service. Also, you don’t need to be baptised to come to church, you just need to turn up. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to talk to Father Gary or Father Adam who can help answer any questions.
I am nervous about coming to church
There is nothing to worry about! Our church has people of all ages worshiping at them.
Do I need to wear my Sunday best?
You’re welcome to dress smartly for church or simply to come as you are, God is much more interested in what is in your heart rather than what you’re wearing!
How will I know what to do?
Our service booklets are quite easy to follow and if there isn’t someone you know then sit near the back so you can see what everyone else is doing and copy them! Lots of people have joined our two churches in recent years, so people around you will remember how it feels to be new! If you’re lost don’t be embarrassed to ask someone, they won’t bite.
This course teaches about the Christian basics in the context of how we worship set out over 10 sessions. It is a good course if you simply want to explore faith a little further, with no obligation!
It is ideal for those who would like to explore the possibility of Confirmation, and for those who would like a ‘refresher course’ because they were confirmed more years ago than they care to remember.
- Exploring the Church Year
- Session Two – Exploring Bread and Wine – the sacramental life
- Session Three – Exploring The Bible
- Session Four – Exploring Prayer
- Session Five – Exploring the Sunday Mass
- Session Six – Exploring Church I believe in One, Holy, Catholic Church
- Session Seven – Church Membership – Exploring Baptism & Confirmation
- Session Eight – Exploring Mary, Mother of God
- Session Nine – Exploring the Church building
- Session Ten – Exploring wholeness and healing
This course is team taught by Fr Gary, John Sorrell and Diane Gordon. Please feel free to contact Fr Gary for more information.